Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Pasting a formula into a properties window

I am trying to the Ceil Inn tutorial as discussed in my previous posts. I am

now trying to put in control source formulas. Like the one shown below on the far right.

I used to copy and paste them into the properties window - control source. That is not working -
    frequently only part of the formula gets in. The form does not work or gives bad information.

However, is that the only way that I know to cut and paste a formula into properties window?

I know that on the far right on the properties windows control source is an ellipsis (...) which opens up a window I think where could can paste
    the formula in.

Can this be done? It seems a lot easier that trying to put the formula into a tight space.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Lou_Reed

The tutorial is here:

http://www.functionx.com/access/appl...ns/ceilinn.htm
    Text Box txtCustomerName =IIf(IsNull([AccountNumber]),"",DLookUp("LastName","Customers","AccountNumb er = '" & [AccountNumber] & "'")+', '+DLookUp("FirstName","Customers","AccountNumber = '" & [AccountNumber] & "'"))

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Yes, can paste expression into the expression builder (I seldom use the builder).

However, be careful with copy/paste from web pages. I see an extraneous space in the expression as posted here. Will have to edit to fix "AccountNumb er".

The entire expression might still be in the property, just as multiple lines.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    How do you use the web builder? These formulas a complicated enough to require that.

I copy (carefully) the formula from the Ceil Inn tutorial. I then go to the properties area of the form
    and then place my cursor in the expression builder area (white area), I then right click and get ...
    nothing. No choice to copy.

I then revert to the old method which is difficult. to do correctly.

Any help?

Respectfully,

Lou_Reed

June7 is offline VIP
    Not web builder - expression builder opened with the ellipsis.

Should be right click to open shortcut menu then click Paste. Works for me.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    In the Ceil Inn Occupancy Form. the formula for room use is in the Ceil Inn tutorial is;

=[sbfOccupancies].[Form]![txtRateTotal]

Now what is this sbfOccupancies? I mean we have an sfOccupancies form, but where did the b come from?

The same is true for phone use:

=[sbfOccupancies].[Form]![txtPhoneUse] , I thought it was a typo. I am not so sure now.

Respectfully,

Lou_Reed

Lou_Reed

June7 is offline VIP
    sbfOccupancies is the subform. Use whatever you named the subform or change your name to reflect the tutorial. We already know the tutorial is loaded with typos. Have to recognize and fix as needed.

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    My NewPayment is lacking the arrows at the base to move sequentially through the input data by clicking them.

Can I fix this or should I just build a new form. If so how to fix?

Respectfully,

Lou_Reed

June7 is offline VIP
    Set form NavigationButtons property to Yes. How did it get deactivated? It should be active by default when form is created.

Lou_Reed is offline VIP
    I do not know how it was deactivated. It was not by me. At least not deliberately.

Respectfully,

Lou_Reed

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.