Importing CSV files into webapp db

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Access and am trying to create an Asset database for our IT department. I'm trying to import a csv file that has all of our Android tablet information in it. One of the fields on this csv is "Office location" to let us know what office its currently at.

I have a table already created for all of our offices called Offices.

All I'm trying to do is import the Android Tablet csv to create a new table called Tablets and have the "Office location" field from the csv link to the Office tables list of offices. I can import the csv file fine and have it create a new table called Tablets. The "Office location" field is just set to short text and isn't actually linked with the list of offices from the Office table.

I tried linking them by changing the Office location field to lookup and pointing it to the Office tables field that has all of our offices locations, but receive an error. I'm guessing this isn't how I'd get this to link to the list of offices.

I'm trying to have the Office locations field link to the list of locations automatically so that I don't have to create a new field and then make it a lookup field and manually change it for every Tablet that I have in the Tablets table.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to have a lot of other tables where I'll have to do the same thing.
    Thanks

This is the error I get when I try to change the Office locations field from short text to Lookup.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	20084

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.