wes9659 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit

If Statement That Would Allow Navigation between fields of two Subforms in A Navigation Form

Once again I am reaching out to the Access Experts. I have a Navigation Form Named ClientRecord and within that navigation form I have two subforms; ClientData and VeteranInfo. My dilemma arises when I try to jump to another field on other subform. I would appreciate if someone would show me how I would correctly create a macro or VBA to accomplish this. In my particular situation in the first Subform ClientData I have a field named Veteran if I select yes(1) from combo box I want it to then send me directly to VeteranInfo Subform first field named MilitaryBranch. Thanks Everyone for all your help and have a great day

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    If you are using a Navigation form/control, this might not be possible. The nature of Navigation form is that only 1 subform at a time is open, therefore one subform cannot reference another subform.

Possibly what you need to do is make VeteranInfo a subform of ClientData.

I don't like and have never used Navigation form.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

wes9659 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit
    You would think there would be a work around to accomplish this task. Could VBA handle this in some fashion?

June7 is offline VIP
    Maybe populate an unbound textbox on main form with the ClientID and then the RecordSource query of VeterenInfo references the textbox as filter parameter.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

John_G is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    If both subforms are in the main form and visible, then something like this might work (assume you are in Clientdata):

Forms!ClientRecord!VeteraninfoContainer.form!MilitaryBranch.setFocus.

Important Note: You do not use the name of the subform itself here. You have to use the name of the subform-container control on the main form. Replace VeteraninfoContainer with the actual name of the control on your form.

June7 is offline VIP
    If you use a normal form (not navigation form) and both forms are visible, consider http://www.fmsinc.com/MicrosoftAcces...edSubforms.asp

Still seems like these two form should be form/subform.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.