Griffin410 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Freezing the Header of a form in overlapping tabs instead of tabbed documents

Very basic Access user here, just have a simple question ideally. I have a form (frmMain) which has a header with some basic links and text boxes I would like to keep as a frozen pane on top as the user are scrolling down the detail section of the form. The detail section does include a subform if that makes a difference (frmhome). When going to Options>Current Database> tabbed documents, the form header stays frozen perfectly.

I however would like to use "Overlapping windows" as the form center aligns in the Access window instead of left aligning when using "tabbed". So either :

1) how do I keep the header frozen in "overlapping" or

2) how do I center align the form in "tabbed" view, as right now the form just wants to go as far left as possible in the full Access window.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    There are 2 form types: Continuous and Single Form. A continuous form type keeps the header in place at top and visible.

Overlapping windows is considered stylistically out of date - but remains available as an option - go to the File tab; Options: Current Database

Overlapping is 100% and there is no method for a common header between 2 overlapping forms.

Center align of the form object itself is not possible - and begs the question as to what would then be to left of center? - one would need to manually adjust the controls of the form to align in the center for that affect.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.