aarong1191 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

I supervise an ID Services desk at a University and we are looking to stream line our system.

Basically, I am looking for how to design a database that does the following:
    A student or staff member fills out a form on an iPad or other tablet and clicks what kind of ID they need, and the form redirects them to the next appropriate page. There would be no more than 2 pages.
    After the person submits the form, a sort of "work flow" piece is on a separate computer that will allow the ID Services staff to look at forms that have been filled out and select them, seeing the information submitted, and editing it if need be. They would then make the ID from our universities main database (separate software with no ability to deviate).
    After the ID is made, the ID Staff could click a button (ie. Nursing Badge, Student Replacement, Student New, Faculty/Staff replacement) that would then sort that form record into an appropriate spreadsheet or other medium for further processing and bookkeeping based on a fiscal year schedule.
    I bill replacement IDs every week, and new/damaged/faculty and staff records are stored for five years in either digital or paper format for our records.

I have used Google and talked with our IT dept (who are not the most willing to help with things like this) and came up with nothing outside of using fluid-surveys or Wufoo so any help at all would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Aaron

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I think designing db structure is the easy part. What gets difficult is integrating the db with other systems. You might need a professional consultant on site if IT dept is not willing to provide guidance. One would think that is IT's role but this might need direction from higher up to get them to provide support to your effort.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.