riverview_hgts is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Combining queries to format data. (New to Access)

Hello and thank you for viewing. The current way we use Access is we make a Crosstab of the specific data then copy and paste that into Excel. Then we set up another query to produce a Select and print this data out. I then have to look at the print out and find the correlating data value in Excel in order to format it (bold, italicize or highlight). My question is: is there a way I can merge the two data sets so that the data in the Crosstab can be formatted from the data in the select?

I work in the environmental field so I will try and explain the scenario I am going through:

I make a crosstab showing the analysis results of a groundwater sample.
    I then make a select showing which of these analyses exceed groundwater standards and print it out.

After copying and pasting the crosstab into excel I look at the print out and then bold the results that exceed.

There has to be an easier way to do this. Any help would be much appreciated. If I confused you I am sorry, I am new to this. I can answer any questions to try and clear this up.

Thanks!

John_G is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Rather than going through Excel, consider creating creating an MS Accss report, and use conditional formatting to highlight the values.

You would use the crosstab as the record source for the report; whether you would need the second select query I'm not sure, but I don't think so.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.