Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rjgriffin46 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I see that I have confused matters.

The Class Number control's Control source is Students.[Class Number] and the Row Source is a query of the Class table. You can see that in the screen shots I provided in post #10.
    I called it a Combox, but perhaps that is incorrect - it's Name in Properties is "Combo274".

In post # 12, however, I was explaining how you can select students from prior classes. That is done via an unbound control, also in the header, with a label "Go to" (you can see it in the screen shots as well). Here is the Row Source query SQL:

SELECT [Students Extended].ID, [Students Extended].[Last Name], [Students Extended].[First Name], [Students Extended].[Students.Class Number], [Students Extended].[Students.Status]
    FROM [Students Extended]
    ORDER BY [Students Extended].[Students.Class Number] DESC , [Students Extended].[Last Name], [Students Extended].[First Name];

Let me know if this clarifies and if you have any interest in analyzing the entire database. I suspect you'd find it quite a mess as its been constructed starting last March via a lot of flailing and my trying to learn Access at the same time by reading 2 large books, doing internet searches and posting on this forum. Many things still puzzle me. I feel I might have benefited by training or tutorials that might highlight important things. If you have any recommendations on training I'd be interested.

I really appreciate your interest and apologize again for my obfuscations.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I see the Go To combobox now.

The Class Number combobox is bound to [Class Number] field so it should show data for existing record. You want the combobox to show a default value for new record? I just did some testing using DLookup to get value and it works. Try removing the = sign, I did not need it.

I am willing to review your db. Follow instructions at bottom of my post. If still too large for attaching, can upload to fileshare site such as Box.com and post link to the file.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

rjgriffin46 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Yes, the DlookUp works without the = sign.

It may take me a few weeks to provide the database as I am readying a new release which has to be done and in production by the end of next week.

Should I create a new thread or leave this one open and post in it?

By the way several months ago I supplied a copy but I was not able to compress down sufficiently so I put it in some on-line storage facility that had Box in its name.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    If this issue is resolved and you still want to provide db for review, suggest a new thread.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.