user9 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

ODBC--call failed. Function sequence error (#0)

Hi all, I am getting the following error when I try to open a linked table:

"ODBC--call failed.
    [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Function sequence error (#0)"

While I recently used the Linked Table Manager to re-link all tables to Oracle, all other tables are working just fine. What would cause one to get this error?

Done a lot of searching through the forums and don't see a resolution to this specific issue.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Additionally, I have a form that updates this table. When I go to Save the form, I get an error:

"Run-time error '3155'"
    ODBC--insert on a linked table 'COMPLY_R_APPROVE_UPDATES' failed.
    [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] SQL data type out of range (#0)"

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    This is now marked solved. Want to share how?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Yeah I was just putting the finishing touches on the database for my users.

One of the fields in the table was a Timestamp, which appears to no longer be an option in SQL Developer. I changed it to Date and that fixed the issue.

Vstar920AZ♣ is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I am getting a similar error. "ODBC--call failed." & "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Function sequence error (#0)" It appears to be related to the use of this criteria "Not Like "*Consign*" I also tried Not Like "%CONSIGN%" (This is on a column Named Customer_PO). Then I tried to created a query column {Expr1: InStr([Customer_PO],"CONSIG")} and put criteria on that of =0 and received that same error. I have tried running it without the Not Like criteria on this column and without the Instr. It runs fine then. However, even if it runs, filters on this column in the user form will bring about the same error. All of my form fields return a #Name? error.
    The field Customer_PO is a short text with 30 Characters allowed.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    You should start your own thread instead of resurrecting and hijacking a 9-year old thread already marked SOLVED.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Vstar920AZ♣ is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    [QUOTE=Vstar920AZ♣;520971]I am getting a similar error. "ODBC--call failed." & "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Function sequence error (#0)" It appears to be related to the use of this criteria "Not Like "*Consign*" I also tried Not Like "%CONSIGN%" (This is on a column Named Customer_PO). Then I tried to created a query column {Expr1: InStr([Customer_PO],"CONSIG")} and put criteria on that of =0 and received that same error. I have tried running it without the Not Like criteria on this column and without the Instr. It runs fine then. However, even if it runs, filters on this column in the user form will bring about the same error. All of my form fields return a #Name? error.
    The field Customer_PO is a short text with 30 Characters allowed.

Follow up: My query had one Local table and two ODBC connected tables. I did a sub-select Not In query on the [Customer_PO] Not Like "*CONSIG*"). It ran fine in that instance. That way, I was not passing the criteria, but performing it locally since the [Customer_PO] was in the local table.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.