johnnyBQue is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Navigation Form issue

Hey guys and gals....

Got a question I've created a Navigation Form and one of my tabs brings up another form bla bla but what I want is to bring this form up in datasheet view...is there a setting for this or due I have to create a query to get the look that I want?...

*note the Form that I attached to the tab when opening it up by itself (out of the Nav form) comes up in a datasheet type format,and when I open it up in design view it changes from the datasheet type format to texts boxes stacked on top of each other. This is also how it opens up in the Nav form...

Does it have to do with how the form I'm putting in the nav form was created?...style wise...

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Not sure. Don't like and don't use navigation form/control.

If the subform DefaultView property is set for Datasheet then it should open as datasheet, at least it would on a normal form/subform arrangement.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

johnnyBQue is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Okay....came in fresh on a Monday after letting this bug me all weekend....Open the Nav form went into Design View then clicked the 'Detail" bar under the Form Header, then went to the Property Sheet and the selection type showed "Detail" I click the drop down menu and chose "Form" then set the default view to "Datasheet" and WA-LA. My form that I'm inserting into the Nav form now appears in a datasheet view as I wanted it to....I think what was confusing me was that there was no indication that there was a "Sub-form" and the form I kept choosing was the "form" which was the Nav form....I can now wipe the do-mas writing off my for head for this problem...thanks guys for all you help...

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyBQue View Post

...I think what was confusing me was that there was no indication that there was a "Sub-form" ...
    I suspect that the fact that all Forms on Nav Forms are actually Subforms, and have to be treated as such, is the reason most experienced developers prefer to 'roll-their-own' menu Forms instead of using Nav Forms.

Glad you got it working!

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.