FB93 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Do not want things listed alphabetically in reports

Hello

I have been working on a medical database (novice level knowledge) and have managed to get in most of what I would like in tables, forms and reports.

one problem is that I cannot figure out how to stop the automatic alphabetizing of my data.

for example, one column is for ultrasound findings of a blood clot inside the leg veins. I have listed off different anatomic names for veins in order of lowest down (closer to ankle) to highest up (closer to belly), repeated for left vs right. my form works well as when I click the multiselect drop down menus, all the items are listed in a logical order (first left and from low to high, then all the right sided veins from low to high). but when it shows up as text on my form or more importantly on my reports, it automatically comes out in alphabetical order. this makes it nonsensical to read.

any thoughts on how to stop this? I have not applied any sort filters (quite honestly don't know how to -- otherwise I could probably answer my own question) so I assume this is default. a step by step approach would be helpful

thanks in advance!

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    The report can have a Grouping section for the left/right identifier so that all left or right items will be together but then need a sequence identifier (most likely a number) to sort the items within group.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.