MatthewGrace is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit

No mention of ADO or DAO in References...

I am currently learning about the Recordset Object and have come to understand there is a difference between "DAO" and "ADO". Supposedly I should be able to check my References and determine which ones I'm using when I say "Dim myR as Recordset". However, neither show up in my references. Is there something I should checkmark before proceeding? I have never touched it, the settings you see were automatically placed. Thank you for any comments, Matt

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NoADO-DAO.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	18741

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

MatthewGrace is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit
    I have reviewed, but I'm not sure how to apply, here's why: Allen says "The three essentials are VBA, Access, DAO. The VBA and Access libraries are built in, and will always have highest priority."

Looking at the picture I provided above, you can see that I have a VBA and TWO Access libraries automatically. While I'm pondering that, I have this to worry about: I can still Dim objects as Recordsets, indeed I have been using them just fine, though references to either DAO or ADO are both absent! Further baffling is in the picture attached below, you'll see Intellisense actually pulling up the DAO library, all on its own, with NO mention of DAO in my References as we saw in my first post. Since Intellisense doesn't do this if I start typing "Dim rs As ADO." I can only assume it's using DAO, or perhaps some new version built-into one of the two Access libraries. I'm using Office 365, so I *think* it is permanently the newest version of Access (recv's auto updates). My money's on DAO being referenced behind the scenes in a poor fashion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	18742

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    As Allen also stated, DAO is the native (default) library. So apparently even without explicitly activating the reference, intellisense finds it anyway. If you want ADO then must activate the library. I use both types of recordsets although probably all uses could have been DAO.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.