chuck555 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000

View jpeg without IE

When clicking on an image control, the hyperlinkaddress property contains the full pathway to a TIFF file (set at run time), Irfanview opens and the image displays. This is what I want. The complete pathway to the file (including file extension) is from a field in a table

What does happen, if the hyperlinkaddress is to a JPEG, Internet Explorer displays the image. I don't want to view through IE

How can jpg be viewed through Irfanview?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    In Windows, is Irfanview set as the default app for viewing jpg/jpeg files?

Or maybe use Windows Shell to open app and file http://p2p.wrox.com/access-vba/39031...rough-vba.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2000
    Irfanview is the default viewer for jpg (the Irfanview icon is associated with jpg format files and clicking on a jpg in the file folder will open Irfanview and display the jpg).

I looked at the supplied link "launching a program..........." but I have not come up with a line of code to put in the hyprelinkaddress property.

I want to retain the present method of opening an image file (in Irfanview) via the hyperlink address property of an image control. A form displays up to 30 thumbnail images through 30 image controls. Prefer not to restructure

Is there something I can put in the hyperlink address property to open a jpeg in Irfanview?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    No idea, not something I've ever had to deal with. Hyperlink is supposed to use default program.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2000
    June7, you did provide information that will give a workaround. Will add a command button with code for shell(<>) for each image control to launch Irfanview and open the jpg.

I looked around inside IE8 to turn off displaying jpg but found nothing. Internet Option>advanced>multi media has two options for images but no affect. Guess this one will stay a mystery

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.