jopi is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013

Manually changing a "price" field, automatically updates every "price" field from other bills

I have a DB that calculates the price of certain articles for a dog hostel (food, bath, etc). When I change (with a combobox) the article (“Artigo” field) it automatically puts the corresponding price in the “Preço” field. The problem is that sometimes I have to update manually (in the form) the price of the article (say, changing “Alimentação/dia porte grande”, from 3€ to 2€), it automatically updates in every other (older) bills. Like this, clients that payed for example 3€, now appear to have payed 2€. How can I change manually the value, and at the same time, prevent it from updating existing bills? Thanks a lot for your help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    If you have them linked like that in a query or relationship, it will auto upate the price.

If you want old prices to remain, you cannot bind the prices.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    As ranman says, because of table relationship - changing the value in Artigos will be reflected in all existing records.

Options:

1. create new record in Artigos for each price change

2. do not relate the tables, have a number field in Conta for the price - bound to combobox listing the Preco field, eliminate the Artigo key fields - set combobox LimitToList to No - this will allow users to select from list or enter any number
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

jopi is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Hi June and ranman, Thanks for your reply, The problem is that I need that when I choose an article, it would automatically show the (usual) price for that article. Otherwise, I alway have to remember the usual price or have it written down . Then, in sporadic cases where I had to change the price, this change would only occur in this account of this client and would not reflect in other client accounts. Is this possible? Thank you.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I presented options to accomplish that.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    I haven't looked specifically at your materials, but here is a link I often suggest for issues with Items/Order and Prices.

Store the price of the item or service with the OrderDetail record. That will show the price for that Item/Service at the time the product/service was "sold". This will save your historic records and will allow you to change Prices as needed.

Good luck.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.