cmorten is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Check multiple boxesat once

I have little to no experience with VB code but I am trying to learn albeit slowly. I need to figure out how to select multiple check boxes in a column at once because I would rather not go through each cell hitting the space bar to check each one and all my research has lead me to one conclusion... I need to know VB Code. I can record a macro in excel and that is as far as my knowledge goes.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    What criteria can be used to identify the records you want to update? All records for a particular date or particular city or whatever? This does not require VBA, can be done with an UPDATE action query.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    What criteria can be used to identify the records you want to update? All records for a particular date or particular city or whatever? This does not require VBA, can be done with an UPDATE action query.
    So I have multiple headings and I have to filter for "HR Payroll" under my description heading. The description is not the exact same every time, It always starts with "HR Payroll" but then following it will say 2007 or 2006 or 2012 etc, and it will say MO and then a series of 2 - 4 numbers. so it appears as "HR Payroll 2007 MO 7 0".

June7 is online now VIP
    What do you mean by 'multiple headings'? You have multiple similar name fields with the same type data? This is not a normalized data structure and will cause much frustration.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

What do you mean by 'multiple headings'? You have multiple similar name fields with the same type data? This is not a normalized data structure and will cause much frustration.
    I have attached a pdf of what it looks like.
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    Okay, there is one field "Description". So what filter criteria should be applied in the UPDATE action? All records where Description begins with "HR Payroll"? Are there any other descriptions or does every record have "HR Payroll"? What is the rule for setting the checkbox?

Okay, there is one field "Description". So what filter criteria should be applied in the UPDATE action? All records where Description begins with "HR Payroll"? Are there any other descriptions or does every record have "HR Payroll"? What is the rule for setting the checkbox?
    The only records I want to check are ones that begin with HR Payroll. There are 63,000 records some checked and some unchecked. I need to leave any that are currently checked alone. What I would like to do is Filter for only HR Payroll and then somehow make all of them checked. What this will do is I run reports from this database and if it is checked it will not pull in that data it will only pull in the unchecked data. This table contains expenses, income, transfers, deposits, and payroll. Some of those are checked and some are unchecked because we also have a spreadsheet that feeds those same reports so if it there is a check than it means the other spreadsheet contains the exact same transaction and and the check mark says don't pull this record into the report.

June7 is online now VIP
    Could build an Access UPDATE query object and run it or use VBA.

CurrentDb.Execute "UPDATE tblFGITRND SET DT = True WHERE Description LIKE 'HR Payroll*'"

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.