edson is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 8 Access 2007

Can't search for last records added to a table.

Good morning you all.
    I used to run a self developed Access 2007 application under licensed Windows7 Ultimate with no problems at all.
    I recently migrated to licensed Windows 8.1. Of course MS Office was reinstalled. My accdb stopped running smoothly even keeping Acess2007 config. For example: My record searching forms are only able to find and open pre-existing records. If, under this new environment, I add new records on the table thru a proper input form, save it and close it, my application record searching form is able to find these new records (the last ones) and show them in a list box, in which I was supposed to click to open the input form and review the selected records (one by one, of course).
    If I pick a pre-existing record (old one) the operation succeeds (That leads me to think that my code is OK). However by clicking any of the last input items of the list box all I get is the input form open and ready to add a new record. My vba code does not say that. It says to open the selected valid record entered into the table. Of course I also have depured, repaired and compacted my accdb several times with no success.
    I thought this could be some sort of config problem due to the new Windows or MSOffice reinstallation. MS says no. I put Windows 7 back into my machine and problem remains. Reversed back again to Windows 8.1 and still does not work. I went thru my code, the form events, etc. and was not able to identify the root cause of the problem if there is one there. Does anyone have any idea on what could have caused such type of problem? Or how to fix it? I really would appreciate it very, very... very much. Thanks for your time.
    Alex

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Did you set up your Trusted Location in W8?

Windows 8 Access 2007
    Yes, NTC. In deed I have setup my trusted location in Access, which is running under W8. Did I answer your question correctly? I'm running Windows 8.1 and Access 2007 in a PC 64bits.

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Can you post a zipped copy of your database? You can remove anything confidential -- we just need a few records to test/debug.

NTC is offline VIP
    I can only advise in generalities; I would sanity check by whipping up a brand new form - keep it basic; whether it be a continuous or single style form you should be able to see, add, edit all records..... this is a very fundamental thing that is rock solid.

In general Access behavior is not OS dependent - but on any PC changing the OS can certainly mix things up. Perhaps you simply need to remake your form. ... If it was an OS oriented issue one would think you would see lots of issues in lots of places rather than just 1 app and 1 form.... but very tough to say ....so I would do the sanity check thing and get things working in a basic manner.....

Windows 8 Access 2007
    Thank you NTC. I understand your point and appreciated your time. Actually I found it works fine in somebodyelse's machine running W8.1. So before going rebuilding my form I'll try to clean-up and reload my form source table. I'll keep you posted. By the way, import table is not really an option for me since the old data was originally created in Excel spread sheet and reformated in order to feed my form source table. So maybe somehow this is the problem... but if it is so... why it would work in somebodyelse's machine?

Windows 8 Access 2007
    Hello Orange. Yes, I guess I can do it. However you'll need to give some extra time since the entire database is written in Portuguese and I'll have to translate it for you. Unless... Do you read Portuguese by any chance?

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    No I don't. I was thinking that if you post a copy with a few records (sufficient to show the problem) then someone(s) may try debugging to find a solution/workaround.

Perhaps you could tell us exactly what we should test/look for and what result we should see --using the Portuguese database ( may not be worth the effort to translate).

NTC is offline VIP
    you should copy the FE file from the working PC to yours.....it this FE does not work on yours - then although you say you have set up the trusted locations I would do that again just to be sure.....

Windows 8 Access 2007
    Hello NTC and other fellows. For some reason, which came out of the blue, my db is running smoothly again. What a mystery! I guess I was blessed, ha?
    Thank you all for your help.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.