RayMilhon is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Tab Control for Data Entry Form

I have a table for a Questionaire There are about 80 questions in 13 categories. I used a Tab Control to group the categories to make it easier for Data Entry. There is 1 Record per questionnaire. Each Question is a yes/no type question and each category has 1 Question called Other which also has a description for free text. The issue is if I'm on the Tab for Access and Availability and click on the questions that have yes responses and then attempt to go to the next record I get a Write Conflict Error Message saying the record was changed by another user since I started editing it. This DB is under Development and I'm the only one with Access. Anybody have an idea I can check. I've tried everything I can think of and nothing changes.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    You can get this error if you change records WHILE still in edit mode.
    Save the record before you move on.
    (turn the wizard on, place a button on the form, for RECORD edit, SAVE RECORD. You will see the save record code. put it in the event causing the error.)

RayMilhon is offline VIP
    The Event Causing the Error as far as I can tell is when I attempt to save the record. Get the same error when I have the Save record command Button on the form and click on it or when I attempt to move to a new record.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Is this a form/subform arrangement?

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

RayMilhon is offline VIP
    No it is not. It is a form with a table as the RecordSource. There are about a dozen Fields to identify the Member. There are another 80 yes/no Fields depending on what the issues are for that member and these are broken down into about 13 categories. There is also 1 "Other" yes/no field for each category with a text field for the user to enter information if other is selected. Each category has it's own tab in the tab control but they are not subforms. I've done something similar before but it was a couple of years ago at another place of employment and don't have access to remember what I did. The Actual table is in SQL Server and Linked to the Access DB. I will work on removing the linked tables and localizing the tables so I can post it.

RayMilhon is offline VIP
    Okay just figured something out. I moved the data to local tables instead of the linked SQL Server tables and it works just like I intended. The issue is that it doesn't work with the table attached from SQL Server but it does if the table is local????

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    Do your Tables in SQL Server all have Primary Keys, or at least Unique Indexes, defined for them? Is the PK part of the RecordSource of the Form? If not they’ll be Read-Only using ODBC.

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.