Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hi

rizzy is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit

i will fix the database more and then will send you over the weekend . i really appreciate you help thankyou once again

rizzy is offline Novice
    i meant no harm or disrespect to anyone. why i said june as june is the only one replying to my posts and no one else did. i really don't mind anyone helping i just want some positive feedback and i will put the database on the thread. i don't want to upset anyone or hurt anyone's feeling and accidently if i did i am sorry and accept my sincere apologies

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    You must have missed some posts. Ssanfu did respond in posts 13 and 29.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

gambit1430 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    rizzy,

June7 was right start with the data first..analyze it, if you already done normalization of data thats the start..
    check for the data and identify which are repetitive and create a table based on that

rizzy is offline Novice
    hi again. i was a bit busy over the weekend and couldn't send the access file as currently i am trying to sort out the ER diagram to make the database more clearer . june 7 just to ask you a quick question i have this product table given below;

PRODUCTTYPE
    PRODUCTQUANTITY
    PRODUCTPARTS(MULTIVALUED ATTRIBUTE)
    PRODUCTPARTSQUANTITY(MULTIVALUED ATTRIBUTE)
    PRODUCTLOOSEPARTS
    PRODUCTSPECIALDETAILS
    PRODUCTFRAMEPROFILE
    PRODUCTSASHPROFILE
    PRODUCTTOTAL QUANTITY

Now this is the whole product table. the problem i am facing in ER diagram is that there is one producttype and producttype quantity but upto that is fine. the next thing is i have product parts which is multivalued attribute and multivalued quantity as well for these product parts. now i have been thinking that the repeating attributes will come out which are the productparts along with productpartsquantity and a copy of the pk which will the product type. could you give me some suggestions on that as i am working and making the tables a bit more clear and then will send you the data in access once this sorted out

June7 is online now VIP
    I NEVER use multi-value field. This is an Access only structure - AFAIK, no other db software does this.

I recommend related table - as you said, the attributes would 'come out'.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

rizzy is offline Novice
    i am asking for suggestions from anyone who can help .i really appreciate your suggestions guys.

rizzy is offline Novice
    thanks for the reply i am currently a bit stuck on this but working on it hopefully something will come up.

rizzy is offline Novice
    ANyone any suggesstions

June7 is online now VIP
    Aren't there a lot of suggestions in this thread? What exactly are you stuck on?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.