uaguy3005 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Listbox question

I'm creating an issue tracking database. This will track issues I'm having on multiple production lines. One of my fields in the issue table is what production line the issue is occurring on. Some issues can occur on multiple lines though. I set field in the table as a list box that will allow multiple values, on my form is there a way I can have the production line selection appear as radio buttons or check boxes? and still have them linked to the table.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    if a single production line record is to have multiple issue records ; then you should structure it in 2 tables that will have a natural 1:Many relationship.

in your form; assuming it has this subform approach - - it probably will not be easy for a novice to set up checkboxes/radiobuttons to write to the subform; it would be easier if you set up the subform's table to be a lookup field. Then have a 3rd table with a single column list of all issues - and have the Issues Table pull from that so they don't have to retype text each time...

your Issues table needs to have a cross reference (foreign key) field to the Production table. When you set up the subForm into the main form - the wizard will see that this value is automatically entered.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.