Making a form open with data from a table based on a date and time in the table.

Does anyone know how to make a form open with data from a table based on a date and time in the/a table?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Use filter criteria.

How do you open the form? Manually from navigation pane? Or with code behind another form?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

I have a macro that opens a form based on date and time pulled from a query. The macro works great but I am looking to have the macro run every 15 min without input from the user. So when the Main Form opens the macro runs every 15 min.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I know a timer can be programmed in VBA behind a form with Timer event, don't know about macro. I never use macros.

But the form is already open so unless you also close it every 15 minutes, how can you open it? Why do you need to do this?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

One form hold a customer database. The rep sets call back during the day. I want the system to pull up call backs as people forget. It opens a new form the list out any call back set for that day up to that time. as for VBA this works sometimes, but will not work for my needs.
    Private Sub Form_Activate()
    'enter commands here
    Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:15:00"), "pull recalls"

End Sub

PhilB is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    If I understand, you would like to open a form every 15mn. And In this form you display some information for people. You have in the form property the possibility to activate an event on the line OnTimer. Just after this line you enter the timer interval. (I have a french database to explain you the property that you must used). When you enter an Timer Interval (<> 0) for exemple 15 you define the time period to activate the event function that you enter on OnTimer. But this timer is placed on your main form. When your main form is active the timer is started and when the time is elapsed the event function run. In this function you can open a other form to display what you want. You have also the possibilty to change dynamically the Timer Interval

I would like a macro to run every 15 min. after opening the main form.

Found the fix, by talking with you all.
    I have a main form that is used for customer calls and call backs.
    While the rep is working in this form I needed a 2nd form to come up with call backs so the rep can work that information. To achieve this I found
    1) Open the Main form in design view
    2) Open the property sheet
    3) Select the event tab
    4) Scroll down to “On Timer”
    5) Use the drop down arrow to select the Macro you with to run
    6) Tab down to the “Timer Interval” spot.
    7) Timing is set at 1000 = roughly 10 sec. I set this spot at 900000 which equals 13 min
    The macro will run every 13 min.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.