MaineLady is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 8 Access 2013

Field Positions

If I look at my database in the Design View, all of the fields are in the order that I want them in. My first three fields are Name, First, and Last. When I look at the Table View, I see First, Name, and Last. I have tried to move Name to the 1st column position in Table View, and I can't do it.

Can anyone tell me why?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Nope. Works for me. Why can't you? What exactly are you trying? Click the field header once so it is selected. Click the field head again so see a thick vertical bar between columns and small dashed rectangle below the cursor, drag column to position. Why is this important?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

MaineLady is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Don't know what the heck I was doing, but I finally got it to work... Why is it important... I'm very detailed oriented and I like things to look a certain way. Thanks, again.

George is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Thanks to all of you for your assistance, however I think I have stumbled across a simple solution:

Open the form in form view rearrange the fields as desired, by dragging. Open the property sheet. Click on any of the columns until the property sheet display changes to show a list with column count. change the column count. In my case I change it to 6 from 1 - Don't know if the number matter though. And that all. The field tick where you have them.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.