halabis is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Every other page in a form printing incorrectly.

I am attempting to create a "report card" from an access DB to show statistics for certain employees. I have completed the form and everything works properly, except when I attempt to print the form every other page is being highlighted. All of the odd numbered pages print properly, but the even ones are all messed up. I know it has something to do with the fact that my form is not perfectly sized to fit on one page, but I have no idea how to correct it. I have tried manualy adjusting the bottom margin as well as adding page breaks. Everything I do just seems to have no effect or make it worse. I know its possible to fix it, because it wasn't doing this until I accidentally extended the bottom of the form while making some changes, I just haven't been able to reverse what I did. I have included a screenshot bellow for reference.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Print error.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	17851

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Are you printing a form or a report? Really should print report.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Are you printing a form or a report? Really should print report.

It is a form. I am a relative novice with access, and I could not easily fugure out how to make a report look the way I wanted it to. It was much easier to do in a form.

June7 is offline VIP
    What is the Detail section AlternateBackColor property set to?

As for the page end, no idea what is happening.

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

It was AlternateBackColor! I set it to #FFFFFF and added a page break and everything worked perfectly! Thanks.

Related question: Is there a way to replicate what I have creates (as a form) using reports? I need to be able to run a report to generate 200+ individual one page scorecards for all my employees. I've been messing around with reports, but i cant really find a way to make it look like I did with the form. It needs to look like a report card. I'm also having difficulty drawing data from multiple tables for my scorecard (which I am told a report can do much easier) and making it look presentable.

Thanks!

June7 is offline VIP
    I will take a leap and say yes can be done. I have done some pretty weird stuff with reports, sometimes resorting to VBA and temp tables to accomplish.

Maybe you just need subreports. I don't know your data to give specific advice.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.