solocdm is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

SQL Access in 2010 with JOIN databases in Windows 7

The following is the SQL query created for two INNER JOIN databases. I need to force the Membership Record Cleanup child database to skill down each record as I extract the information then move to the next parent record and start again all the while gathering information from the parent. The parent is working fine when gathering information because Access is by default skipping down the records ... maybe it needs a UNION statement? Advice is welcome!

SELECT IIf([Membership Record Cleanup.Household Position]="Head of Household",[Membership Record Cleanup.Preferred Name],"") AS HeadOfHouse, IIf(IsNull([Membership Record Cleanup.Household Position]),"",IIf([Membership Record Cleanup.Household Position]="Spouse",[Membership Record Cleanup.Preferred Name],"")) AS Spouse, IIf(IsNull([Membership Record Cleanup.Address - Street 1]),"",[Membership Record Cleanup.Address - Street 1]) & IIf(IsNull([Membership Record Cleanup.Address - Street 2]),""," " & [Membership Record Cleanup.Address - Street 2]) AS StreetAddress, IIf(IsNull([Membership Record Cleanup.Address - City]),"",[Membership Record Cleanup.Address - City]) & IIf(IsNull([Membership Record Cleanup.Address - State]),"",", " & [Membership Record Cleanup.Address - State]) & IIf(IsNull([Membership Record Cleanup.Address - Postal Code]),""," " & [Membership Record Cleanup.Address - Postal Code]) AS FinalStreetAddress, IIf([Steps.Step 1]="Yes","Done","________") AS StepOne, IIf([Steps.Step 2]="Yes","Done","________") AS StepTwo, IIf([Steps.Step 3]="Yes","Done","________") AS StepThree, IIf([Steps.Step 4]="Yes","Done","________") AS StepFour, IIf([Steps.Step 5]="Yes","Done","________") AS StepFive, IIf([Steps.Step 6]="Yes","Done","________") AS StepSix, IIf([Steps.Step 7]="Yes","Done","________") AS StepSeven, IIf([Steps.Step 8]="Yes","Done","________") AS StepEight
    FROM Steps INNER JOIN [Membership Record Cleanup] ON Steps.[Head of House] = [Membership Record Cleanup].[Head of House];

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    No idea what you mean by 'skill down'.

I have no idea what you are trying to do.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

solocdm is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

SQL Access in 2010 with JOIN databases in Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    No idea what you mean by 'skill down'. I have no idea what you are trying to do.
    Skill -> Skip. I need the SQL script to move down the parent records and stop at each child record to pull the info as it moves through the parent directory until finished. What I was able to surmise from the text manual was using select for the parent and select for the child as a subroutine to pull the information out and display as it moves down the databases that are JOINed. I also noticed that I need to create a separate SQL for each query. Would that be more fitting?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I've never thought of queries as 'moving down' and 'stopping'. I still don't know what you are trying to do. I don't know your data nor what manipulation you are trying to accomplish - the posted query is just too hard to read.

If there are several 1-to-many related tables, then possibly need subqueries. Or build report/subreport arrangement.

Advise no spaces or special characters/punctuation (underscore is exception) in naming convention.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.