We are having two distinct problems with our Access2010 application when storing our back-end databases on a Server2012. I will be creating separate threads for the separate threads. This is the second thread

Our application is a large Access 2010 application with 9 ACCDEs and 3 ACCDA's on the front-end and 3 ACCDB's on the back-end. Yes we are using the ACE database engine and I'm fully aware of how MS SQL is where we should be... That being said we get very good performance with up to 15 users in LAN configurations and 30+ users on Terminal Servers. We distribute the 2010 run-time along with Service Pack 2.

The problems is application performance. With the back end databases stored on a 2012 server and the front-end databases stored on the local PCs, if there is one user logged into our application, it operates at full speed. Our customers say that when 2 or more additional users log into the system, all features of our software(running reports, opening forms, navigating through our menu system) slow down dramatically. This is occurring with Windows7 or 8 LAN client PCs.

The research I have found on the web points to either disabling SMB2/3 or to disable OPLOCKS. I have setup a test environment with a server2012 and 2 Win8 VMs and with the 2 Win8 pcs running our app as well as running the app on the Server2012 simultaneously, I am not experiencing any performance problems. The clients have said they have disabled firewall and antivirus software and yet it is slow with 2 or more users. They all say that network speed for file copies is very fast which rules out SMB as the problem according to what I have read.

We have numerous customers reporting this problem with Server2012. Two of them have rolled back to a 2008 server and no longer have a speed problem, but for the other customers, they do not have the resources to go back to 2008.

Has anyone experienced and resolved any problem like this?

Thank you,

--Tim