Madmax2 is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2010 64bit

New form input from last form continued forward

Goodmorning folks,

i havn't used access in like a year and even back then i was only alright at it. So i have an issue of not remebering how to do something that i know can be done.

i am working on a tool checkout database from scratch...on my current screen is an opener form that has an unbound clock # field. The purpose of this field is for a person to walk up and input there clock number to be used for checking items in and out... I currently have a button to open a new record for my item checkout table. Each record has a checkout id, part number id, clock number, and check out date column. So anyways the form opens a new record but i want the last unbound clock field from the last form to populate the clock number field of the new form in the new record. After they input the number my intension is in enter to put current date and time to that record and close the form out return the control focus to checkout button again.

thoughts on ways to do this?

thanks, madmax

Madmax2 is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2010 64bit
    Nevermind on this i have decided to change directions and try it differently. Thanks folks

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.