pmontalt is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013

Arrow Subform Not Filtering Properly

Hello.

I have a form called Task Details, which has a field called ID. Internally, we call the ID the Job Request ID.

I have a form called TasksDNA, which appears as a subform in the Task Details form. It has a field called JobRequestID​.

I am creating a report for Task Details. I have all of the data from Task Details form present, including a textbox with the source control of ID. I also added a subform/subreport field, and set the source to form.TasksDNA. I set Link Master Fields to ID, and Link Child Fields to JobRequestID. This relationship also exists in the database schema in Access, and it works properly in the form Tasks Details . However, it's not working in the report. It is not filtering any data and is simply a blank gridview.

I did a test and unchecked Filter on Empty Master and it is displaying all data in the form TasksDNA. It would appear that the subform is not properly associating JobRequests with the ID field, although I even added a textbox with the source ID to make sure it would have data to filter the subform by.

Any suggestions?

burrina is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    If you open this subreport by itself, does it show any data? It is always a Good Idea to name your Primary Key with a description such as TaskID

pmontalt is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    The report contains the correct information from the Task Details, ​however, the Subform within the report is blank (not filtering properly).

burrina is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    Okay, what is the record source for this sub report? Also, you can set a filter in the report itself.
    HTH

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.