tis_only_me is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Question Make a field auto-populate with data from the table, based upon the current date

I have a database which consists of two tables. The first is all the components and their data which the company i work for deals with. The second table is the customers details, invoices and delivery details. The two tables are interlinked with a field called job no which is unique in the second table and can appear numerous times in the first table.
    I have produced a report which is a delivery note, and must be printed and sent with each invoice. The delivery note has a unique number to aid tracking, and as there can be more than one invoice to a customer I have delivery note 1 and delivery date 1, delivery note 2 and delivery date 2 etc up to 5 against each customer in the second table. I want to be able to auto-populate the delivery note with the delivery note number that corresponds to the days date as the report will always be produced the day the table is populated with the new delivery note numbers.
    I think this will have to be coding but have no idea where to start.
    Thank you in advance.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    A report displays data. While there is an ability to do some sums and grouping as part of the Report's feature - overall it is not the place to create any data. So your auto population of delivery note data is best accomplished elsewhere. I'm not sure where based on your post. Possibly as part of data entry of the forms or possibly as part of the query that is the report's record source.

tis_only_me is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Thank you for your reply. I was beginning to get that impression but as an amateur I was after clarification of that or obvioulsy a way if it was possible. I have had to add a unbound field to the query behind the report so you manually insert the information as the report is created.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.