Change field location before printing a report

I'm in access2000. One of my reports has a large image file embedded. Before I print this report I would like to change the location of one of the fields to a predetermined location depending on certain conditions .Because of the size of this report, I would like to use one report rather than have multiple reports with the field in predetermined locations. The size of the database gets too large. How do I code this. I figure i would try the report on open. The conditions I can set but the actual syntax I cant get for moving the field location in the report.I tried fieldname.left= ___ fieldname.top = ___ it wont take inches either. I tried with fieldname
    .movesize left:= x ,top:= y
    end with

can the field in the report be changed prior to printing? Thanks for any help. Stan

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Try code in the Format event of the relevant section.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Thanks for the suggestion. I found out the property values describing location of a particular field say "field1" -top and left were not useful in trying to help relocate field1 . I wanted to have a choice to locate field1 at location1 as described by placing field1 in the report or move field1 to second location called location2. In design view I physically moved field1 to location2. Instead of using the field1.top and field1left values in the property box to describe location2 ,I inserted the following code in the on open event of the report to find the true location2 . msgbox "field1.left=" & " " & field1.left & " " & "field1.top=" & " " & field1.top AND LEFT. I noted the values of left and top as given by the msgbox. I then moved the field1 to the original starting location called location1 and saved the report. I inserted the following code in on open report event with a condition to move field1 to location2. If I wanted to move field1 to location2 I inserted the following code in the on open report event - field1.left = value obtained from msgbox for location2 and similarly field1.top = value seen in msgbox for location2. Now depending on my conditions I could move field1 to location1 or location2.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.