pietvoerman is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Post Checkboxes in Email for Collecting Data

Hi,

I have to know from 500 users which in weeks they are available. So I want to send an email to everybody with a checkbox per week so they can simply check the boxes in the weeks they are available.

I tried Yes/No function and the Checkbox function and in the database I see the checkboxes but in the Email the users still have to type the word Yes or No.
    Is it possible to have an email with checkboxes which are added to my database?

I hope anyone can help.

Thanks in advance,

Piet Voerman

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    It sounds as though you are using a feature that is available in Access 2010 but not available (to Create new Emails) in any other version. Are you using the Access wizard to create an Email? What format are you using, HTML or InfoPath? You could probably use the resulting HTML Email and edit the HTML to include Radio Buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    It sounds as though you are using a feature that is available in Access 2010 but not available (to Create new Emails) in any other version. Are you using the Access wizard to create an Email? What format are you using, HTML or InfoPath? You could probably use the resulting HTML Email and edit the HTML to include Radio Buttons.
    Thanks for your response. Yes I am using Access 2010. Under the tab External Data there is an option Create E-mail. I used HTML because I fear some users may not be able to open and fill in the form if I use the InfoPath format. Could you tell me how to include Radio Buttons to the HTML email?

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    You would have to locate the code within your Email that collects the user input for your Yes/No field. The textbox should look something like this.

Code:
    <form>
     First name:< input type="text" name="firstname"><br>
     Last name:< input type="text" name="lastname">
    < /form>
    The "form" tags should be several lines away, depending on where the field is within your email.

You would need to change the input type from "text" to the type you want. A "checkbox" may be easier than a "radio" because radio buttons use Groups. The above code uses "name". You should leave this the same so the form knows which field in the database to associate with the user input field. There may be an ID also, leave it the same.

Here is an example
    http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_forms.asp

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    You would have to locate the code within your Email that collects the user input for your Yes/No field. The textbox should look something like this.

Code:
    <form>
     First name:< input type="text" name="firstname"><br>
     Last name:< input type="text" name="lastname">
    < /form>
    The "form" tags should be several lines away, depending on where the field is within your email.

You would need to change the input type from "text" to the type you want. A "checkbox" may be easier than a "radio" because radio buttons use Groups. The above code uses "name". You should leave this the same so the form knows which field in the database to associate with the user input field. There may be an ID also, leave it the same.

Here is an example
    http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_forms.asp
    Thanks very much. I will try make it a checkbox then.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.