ortizgabe is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit

Getting text to show

Hello, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to Access so please forgive me if this a stupid question. I have created a database to track disqualifications and need to pull reports on the amount of disqualifications by region. I created a query to pull the data and finally figured out how to get the text to show the actual field instead of the item ID. Now, on the report I want to showcase this information using a pie chart. I'm able to create the chart based on the query, however when I look at the report view its showing the ID instead of the text. I'm so close to getting what I need, but I'm missing this last thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    The chart RowSource will have to be based on a query that joins tables so that the associated descriptive info field from the lookup table is available for each record. Use that field in the chart.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

I just noticed we can upload the db for you to look at... here is what I have so far LA tracking and reporting testing.zip

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    The chart RowSource will have to be based on a query that joins tables so that the associated descriptive info field from the lookup table is available for each record. Use that field in the chart.
    This kind of makes sense, but I don't understand how to set up a query that joins tables...

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Building query with table join is basic Access functionality. Use the query builder. Pull in tables/queries from the list. Make sure there is a line between the tables for the linking. Access Help has guidelines or search the web for a tutorial.

Don't see a chart on any form.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.