huntclub is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit

Make Table Query - giving multiple name possibility

Used MS Access from 1995-2002 and was very good with it then - but it has been a LONG time and a LOT of changes to Access since then! HELP!

I am building a database with multiple users. There will be a need to make updates to data already entered; ie, "Completion date," "Disbursement Type," etc. I am hoping I can use the make table query to help. The idea is this, if more than one person needs to make an update, possibly at the same time, then a make table query should allow a table to be made using the worker name. This would prevent overwriting a table with a simple name such as "Update Table" make by an earlier worker.

I have the query structured to display data needing update by worker name - How do I have the query make a table based on the worker name being searched?

I plan to have a form attached to the "update table" that will also allow a macro to close the table on exit after running an Update Query.
    So, the steps I am trying to establish look like this:

Make Table Query by user name > Form displayed for that new Worker table > Update Query to main database > Close Update Form > Return to "switchboard"

Also, I do not want tables, queries, etc, nor ribbon bar to display to workers when they pull up the database. I have macro in Place that brings up switchboard but it still displays too much fir them to access.

Thanks for giving me your time.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I do not recommend the make table approach you describe. Why don't you just apply filter to form?

Multi-user database should be split design.

Use database options to disable Navigation Pane, hide most of the ribbon, disable shortcut menus, disable function keys. Use code to build custom ribbons and menus. Click File > Options > Current Database. Be aware that holding down shift key while opening db will bypass most of the option settings.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

huntclub is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    Already did away with the make table scenario... form is working fine.

Never done a split DB before. Will have to research how to structure - but very appreciative of suggestion.

And thanks for input on navigation pane and ribbon. Will also look at that.

Thanks!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.