Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    dbell is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    If you want to modify the source table then it must be included in the form RecordSource and textboxes bound to fields of the source table, then edits in the textboxes should be reflected in the source table. However, this is not usually desirable method for editing lookup source tables.

Do you want to provide db for analysis? Follow instructions at bottom of my post.

The database is attached as requested. I only have 1 form so far, but I will have about 5 more. all the forms will draw the Part#, Vendor and Notes from the same source but I want users to update notes in the notes field on the forms and have that update across all forms.

Also on the Part#(Raw Materials) and Parent Part dropdowns, I want to have the option to add if the part# the user needs is not there.

Database2.zip

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Don't understand what you did in the Relationships builder. Do not understand data relationships at all.

Is this intended to be manufacturing database? Has been a topic of numerous threads. Try searching forum.

What will the 5 forms be used for?

Why is Notes field in two tables? Which notes field do you want to 'update across all forms'?

BTW, advise no spaces or special characters/punctuation (underscore is exception) in naming convention. Better would be PartNumVendor or PartNoVendor or PartNo_Vendor.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

dbell is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    So this seems to be a pretty big mess! I will change Part# to PartNo, no problem. Then I want the notes field in Part#/Vendor to be updated. The planning shorts table is there because that is the only way that I could seem to create a datasheet form with the fields that I wanted, I really don't want that table. I will go back and do some more studying on this before attempting any more.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Here is one site for tutorials http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.