vincentch is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013

Opening accdb in Runtime shows nothing

Hi guys, I just made a simple database for use in the office with a few other people and I'm having trouble getting it on their laptops.

I currently have 2 laptops with full versions of Access 2013 on them and 3 others without. I've installed Runtime on the machines w/o Access and have them connect to a shared folder on one of the laptops with the backend while they have a copy of the frontend. Frontend is linked to the backend table with UNC coding path and yet when I try to open it on Runtime, I still get a blank screen with nothing but printing options.

I definitely appreciate any help as I have little to no experience doing this and this is my first time creating/deploying a database.

Thanks!

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Before you give the FE file to others, make sure there is a start up form assigned to the FE file. Runtime is dependent on, well, runtime. You need to offer a form to the user so they can navigate through your app and interact with the data. The user will depend on a public interface/GUI to interact with the data. The correct public interface will work 100% during Runtime.

You can go to Options for the FE file and select Current DB. There will be a pulldown menu that will display forms to load during startup. You can choose one. Select a form for startup that will allow the user to interact with all of the forms and reports.

vincentch is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Before you give the FE file to others, make sure there is a start up form assigned to the FE file. Runtime is dependent on, well, runtime. You need to offer a form to the user so they can navigate through your app and interact with the data. The user will depend on a public interface/GUI to interact with the data. The correct public interface will work 100% during Runtime.

You can go to Options for the FE file and select Current DB. There will be a pulldown menu that will display forms to load during startup. You can choose one. Select a form for startup that will allow the user to interact with all of the forms and reports.
    Alright so I got the form up but now it says the recordset is not updatable.

Edit: Never mind! I figured it out. Turns out I forgot to allow the other laptop to modify stuff in the folder.
    Last edited by vincentch; 04-23-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.