Populating Data in forms

I have a very basic question about Microsoft Access and Forms.

I have read through every possible tutorial, i have studied visual basic and i still cannot find any information on how to populate data onto a form using search criteria. Here is what i am trying to do:

I have a table called Chris with data in it for MemberID, UserName, JoinDate, Name, Address, City, Zip, Comments

What i would like to do is have a user, upon use of the form, type in the "MemberID" on the form and have the information get populated into the form as

Please Enter Member ID: _________

after entering the ID the form comes up (or it can happen in the form... just use a inputbox for the memberID)

Member ID: chris.MemberID
    Member User Name: chris.UserName
    Date Joined: chris.JoinDate

chris.name
    chris.Address chris.City
    chris.Zip

Comments:
    chris.comments

It seems pretty basic, but i have not found any information on how it is implemented i know Visual Basic, so if it is in coding, i havent found it.

Thank You
    Chris

Use an unbound combo box. Use the wizard to create the combo box and choose the third option, 'Find a record' etc. etc

I, too, have a similar issue.

I have created a TABLE of 'Customers' with 'CustomerName' as the primary key.

In a FORM to create an invoice, I am using a combo box to create a dropdown list of existing CutomerName(s) to choose from. The Combo Box searches for the Customer TABLE and retrieves the CustomerName(s).

Once the CustomerName is chosen, I would like to populate the fields in the INVOICE form that correspond to the Customer info that already exists in the Customer TABLE.
    Is this possible? I have not been able to figure this out.

I believe that a query will solve both of your problems ... just use the simple query wizard ... and you should be able to accomplish your goal

Populating Data in forms

Is there any way to enter search criteria in a field and get the results to populate the rest of the form as a result of an OnClick. I don't want to use a combo box to select the search field because there are numerous records.

I am really a novice to Access so please feel free to walk me through the entire process of setting this up.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.