terrazo2k2 is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit

Post MSysCompactError

I designed a simple database to keep track of cows in a ranch. One person starts keying in the data without any problem. Some weeks later, she told me that suddenly a message appears saying something about database damaged or something along those lines. This happens after she key in some pictures as attachments.

She closes the database and when try to re-open it, she provide the password and only one table shows up. the name of the table was: "MSysCompactError". Nothing else was there. Can anyone help me figuring out what possible happens and how to fix it and recover the data. (Around 350 records).

Thanks in advance.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    So you are not there at the computer where this is all happening? There should be a backup copy somewhere if Access created the sys table. At least I would suspect there is one.

I would create a blank DB and try to import objects into the new blank DB. Navigate to the folder where the original DB was/is and look for one with the word "Backup" or look in the folder (using Windows Explorer) and search for the largest accdb file.

terrazo2k2 is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit
    Thanks for your quick response ItsMe. I am not in front of the PC with the problem. I'll be digging by phone with the person affected trying to find the backup file (I hope there is one). I'll keep you posted. Thanks a lot again

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.