kazaccess is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Emailing a dynamic word document

Currently, I have a form with a button that sends emails to all records in a given record set. My email message is hardcoded, and it has dynamic fields that are different for each record. For example, "Dear rs![First Name], you have been placed in rs![Group Name]..." I have set this up in visual basic as an email object, and my .To field is set to rs![Contact Email Address]

Is it possible for me to put my email message in a Word document (so that it can be edited without going through the visual basic editor) and then either attach it to each email or put it in the message body (while still maintaining the dynamic fields)?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    The only way I know for Word to get data from Access is with mail merge. Then the email would have to be accomplished by Word. Personally, I prefer not to involve multiple apps if I can help it.

What is it you want to allow edits of - the hard-coded text parts of body? Could use a form for input of this variable text and the VBA can reference the form inputs to construct the email body.

Then is the question of whether or not to save this user input as a record.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

NoellaG is offline VIP
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    Hi,

why hardcode the message? You can put it in a table, so you can create a message for each type of mail you want to send. Whenever you want to add a dynamic field you put it between some marks like ***GroupName*** and the code just reads the text from the table field and replaces the bit of texts with the actual field content like rs![Group Name].

greetings
    Noëlla

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.