bigchicagobob is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Charts in Access

Hello everyone,

I need to create a chart with two axes, three series of data, and two chart types (column and line) within a single chart. I am able to create this within Excel, but I am having trouble creating this within MS Access. I have found how to add two y-axis, but I am unable to (1) graph multiple series and (2) assign each series to the appropriate axis. Does anyone have a tutorial or suggestions on how to go about accomplishing this? I have attached an example of the chart I have created within excel.

Thanks,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	123.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	15821

NTC is offline VIP
    I am a bit outside my knowledge zone on this. Excel is a better chart diagramming tool I know that. I do not believe that out of the box there is a chart in Access where both a line graph and bar graph are in the same image. It's one or the other. So it isn't your imagination in not being able to do it I don't think..... If I am correct then to do it is going to require significant custom code. Access is far and away the best PC database but if one were to point out a deficiency I believe chart reporting would be a key candidate. I would welcome being wrong on this and if another post can educate us both that would be great......

I appreciate your input. Although this may be a bit off topic for this forum... Do you have any suggestion on software to pull data from a Microsoft Access database and formatting it into some "advanced" charts as prescribed above?

Thanks!

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Maybe this
    https://www.accessforums.net/program...tml#post213174

and this
    https://www.accessforums.net/program...tml#post204735

will give you some ideas. If the charting offered by Access is not adequate you could export to Excel and then, later, import the Chart object to a report.

NTC is offline VIP
    Have no advice whatsoever in that field; but commons sense to me would be along the lines that if it can be done with Excel - then do it with Excel....as an Excel file can be permanently linked to Access tables; meaning that the data can easily refresh as it changes.... that's about it.....

Essentially, I am using Access to create a standard report displays information based on the user. Each user receives a 1-page report with 6 charts. The data is stored and updated weekly in Access. The complex charts have been created in Excel because it's not possible to create them in Access. Does anyone know if it's possible to link the access data source to the excel chart, so that I can get a printout per user (120 users).
    Thanks,

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Maybe export the chart as a JPG or BMP and then use the resulting images in your reports?
    https://www.accessforums.net/program...tml#post212827

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.