remmons is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

AutoNumbers

This may sound kind of backwards but what I need to be able to do is to create a table with an id (primary key) that is made up of autonumbers and then create 3 seperate instances of this table. The db will be completely offline and 3 different people will be using it simultaneously, and recording the id on a floor plan as they go. The fields will then be combined into one database which is why I need to be able to start the numbers off differently and then keep them when I combine the records. Any thoughts? Your help is greatly appreciated.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    explore either the replication feature (must stay in .mdb format - is not available in .accdb format) or consider www.AccessTables.com service...

or redesign so that you have separate, though identical tables and make a design that merges them into a master table... - if only new info is being entered - if existing data is being changed by 3 different, separate dbs - then only the 2 choices above will work unless you want to go wireless & web architecture....

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.