crobaseball is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

regularly import/export diff records to multiple excel worksheets

I'm not really sure which specific forum this should be in, so I'm putting it in the general.

I'm building a data base for my company, which is composed of items we sell. I then need these records to populate our pricebooks, which are excel worksheets, under multiple workbooks.

So essentially, I would like to have all the fields separated by vendor, series and series items, then populate the proper Excel worksheet (within a supplier's workbook). I have the know how to build a query to narrow down a particular vendor/series/groupofitems, but I don't want to be creating an enormous list of queries which have to be run each time.

I also have the know how to create a joined table which pulls the item list into the proper group, creating one large table with every vendor, series, and items. But what I'm looking for is some type of hybrid, which will allow me to export all of the items to their corresponding worksheets in one fell swoop. This will be done regularly as prices from suppliers change, certain colors are discontinued, sizes added, etc.

Would love to get guidance here! Thanks so much!

btw - I'm guessing when I use the query which creates the large table with all the product that it's indexed, and that I would be able to use this to then import the data into excel/export the data to excel. But I'm not sure about this.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    'One fell swoop' means clicking a button that runs code which is a looping construct that applies filter to query and exports.

There is lots of references on web about interaction between Access and Excel.

You might find this discussion of interest https://www.accessforums.net/import-...52/index2.html

Why do you even need to involve Excel?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    'One fell swoop' means clicking a button that runs code which is a looping construct that applies filter to query and exports.

There is lots of references on web about interaction between Access and Excel.

You might find this discussion of interest https://www.accessforums.net/import-...52/index2.html

Why do you even need to involve Excel?
    The customer base only has excel to look at the price lists. Many use versions of excel that are either '03 or previous.

Oh and thanks for the link. That looks like exactly what i'm trying to accomplish. I searched for something like this but clearly didn't use the right key words with google.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.