kundandebnath is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

How to make a Web Database?

Hi,

Here is the link to my previous post- https://www.accessforums.net/access/...ror-42070.html

Note- This is the first time ever I am using MS Access. But am open to learn.

Summary
    I have a Microsoft Access 2010 Database with Table view as Pivot Chart, and Menu Form with buttons which opens table and queries once clicked. I had the task to publish it online. I chose to do so in Sharepoint. But very soon I faced challenges of using the buttons to open table and queries, which is not supported in MS Access web database. Web Queries and Web Forms do not support Pivot Charts as well. So the conclusion is, publishing as a web database to sharepoint using access 2010 wont work.

Questions
    What is the requirement to achieve this? Do i need a Computer running windows server to have the database at backend. Or a computer running windows 7 will work for this? Also I need to have a website which will have the summary of the database shown as pivot chart. Which language do I need to design the front end. Is the Access Database sufficient to achieve this or do I need SQL to do this?

Once I am able to figure out the requirements, I will start the Phase II- Learning how to do that?

eki einstein is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    what basicaly you need to know about Ms acces web database is not support VBA,Module,Pivot chart. its only support for web form whit macro and some webquery, if you need to display chart you need to learn ms Sharepoint designer. this what you have to do.
    build ms acces web database whit client and server method,
    create your sharepoint website, and designed it whit sharepoint designer
    and conecting the ms acces web database with your ms sharepoint website to using the part of database as a chart data that you wanted

hope those help

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.