islewis is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013

Multiple record entries off of one form input

Hello,

I am trying to enter data via a form. Two of the fields in the form are an effective date and a termination date. What I need to do is generate multiple records based on what the effective and termination date is with the same data in the rest of the fields. For ex: A entry with an effective date of January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015 should have 12 records associated with it. Also, I would like to keep the ID the same (autonumber right now) for each of these records. Any help would be much appreciated.

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    First off, you're going to have to do a much better job of explaining what you're trying to do, for us to be able to help you.

Next, your sentence

Quote Originally Posted by islewis View Post
    ...generate multiple records based on what the effective and termination date is with the same data in the rest of the fields...
    as it stands suggests that you that you want 12 identical Records, which makes no sense.

Lastly, you cannot have the same Autonumber in more than one Record; the whole point to using Autonumbers is to ensure that each Record has a unique identifier.

As I said originally, more explanation is needed.

Welcome to the forum!

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

islewis is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    I have a transaction that takes place each month for a year and is accounted for at the end of each month based on an ending mark (price). That is why I need 12 records for, say, a transaction that occurs Jan - Dec. The records will be identical except for the date, so the first record will be for the month of January and the second record would be for the month of February. I am trying to avoid having to make 12 entries every time I enter a transaction like this. So when I click an "Add" Button, the form will enter the amount of transactions based on what the calendar spread is.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.