data808 is offline Noob
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Opening Forms Maximized

I have decided to maybe use the change file extension to .accdr to run the database in run-time mode. I don't really understand what this means but I do notice that it gets rid of all the ribbon options and navigation pane objects. My problem I am having is that when I maximize my forms, it doesn't seem to open smoothly. I know that in design view my forms do not utilize the full space of the monitor. In other words, forms like my login screen are rather small because a login screen doesn't usually require much space for just the username and password field boxes. So for example, when this screen is opened as maximized, it looks choppy because for a split second you can see it open as the small screen, then it will grow into the maximized screen. This looks bad for the database cosmetically. I am trying to make it run more smoothly. Does anyone know how to get it open the forms nicely?

I also had another thread about sizing the forms to fit all monitors better. Meaning, I would like the forms and the form's contents (fields, labels, buttons, logos, title, etc...) to be centered no matter what size or screen ratio the monitor is. If anyone can help with that as well, that would be awesome! Thanks.

burrina is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSizeToFitForm
    This is a simple code version that may work for you. I can provide another version if necessary. Is your db on a network?

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    the runtime version is so that Windows PCs, without the Access License, are able to operate a specific database application.

if your PC(s) have the Access license - there is no reason to use the run time and it should be avoided in general... as it adds to programming obligations....

N1755L is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Keep Googling, I'm trying to find it, but I'd not long ago found on one of the forums where someone was mentioning something about opening the form "modal" (or not?), as popup? (or not?)... if I can find that post, I'll reply again here.

In the meantime, maybe someone knows what I'm trying it refer to?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.