emanual4real is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Multi-user Front End application

I've been working on this a while and I'm at a loss. I have a table and I have up to 18 users. I want each user to be able to request one record from this table and I want to make sure that no other user requests that same record. I've tried using time stamps and creating a queue. Then it updates an assigned field in the table and the query it pulls from knows to only pull records if that assigned field is null. Timestamp is removed and next person in queue can request it. Doesn't seem to work. Other ideas?

trevor40 is offline Advanced db Manager
    Windows XP Access 2003
    try adding an extra field to the table and use it to exempt from next selection

emanual4real is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Thanks for the reply. I didn't have time to go into a lot of detail as it was quitting time.

I've got an update query on a join. It updates the [assigned] field where the [completed] field is null and the [assigned] field is null. This right here I thought should be enough to prevent anyone else from getting that record.

Then I also set up a queue. Time stamp, check to see if time stamp is the oldest then run above update query and remove time stamp. I thought for sure that should work too.

Unfortunately, people get the same record pretty regularly. I'll post some code next time I'm at work. Thanks again.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.