n1nj4m4st3r is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Mousewheel Scroll Problems

First time poster Hi

I'll start off by saying that Access is nowhere near my forte so I apologise if my explanation is somewhat garbled.

I have a user who has a few databases with over 5000 records in each DB and wants to use the mousewheel to scroll through the records. Now I know that this feature was removed/changed in Access 2010 but I found an article that involved adding some code to the VB of the form. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2458709

I have added this code to the forms in question and works a treat. Expect for one form. And this is where my explanation may get a bit garbled as I'm not sure of terminology, or indeed if this is actually how it works!

The form I am having an issue with looks to be auto-built(?) from pulling in information from a number of other tables. Thus when I hit Atl-F11 to bring up the VB code screen there is no actual code behind the form for me to add the code from the KB article.

Anyone have an ideas?

many thanks
    in advance

Jim

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Not all forms have a VBA module. They can possibly depend on macros only or not have any event handlers. You can create an event procedure using the pulldowns in the IDE or clicking the elipses(...) in the Event tab of the Property Sheet for the associated control/form.

June7 is online now VIP
    What do you mean by 'feature was removed/changed in Access 2010'? Mousewheel scroll works for me.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    I have noticed that in 2010 the mouse wheel does not automatically advance to a new record while in Single Form view, unlike 2003

June7 is online now VIP
    Okay, see that now. I was just thinking about Continuous and Datasheet. I don't really miss it on Single view forms because I usually set the Cycle property to Current Record and build custom buttons for Next and Previous record navigation as well as filter with text or combo box. Or form opened to single record for data edit then closed so navigation not needed.

I don't remember much about 2003, didn't use it very long.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.