enemydr is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

create default rich text in text box

Hello, I want to create default value of a text box to be a word table that can be editable in form mode. I have a report that uses this form.

I only managed to create the default value plaintext.

If anybody can help me I ca send the database sample to see the problem more precisely.

Thank you

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    RTF actually uses HTML code tags. Type into the Default Value property, including the quote marks:

"<b>This is default value.</b>"

Don't really understand what you mean by "to be a word table".
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

June7 is offline VIP
    Two issues:

1. getting data from Word document

2. formatting it as RTF

Get number one solved and number two should be easy. The content of the textbox won't be a table. It could be a multi-line string of text, however, the apparent indentation achieved in a table with columns will be lost.

I did a copy/paste of the table into the textbox as a test and the BOLD formatting was retained. However, pasting into the DefaultValue property lost the BOLD formatting.

This is also an MDB database. I think RTF is different with MDB than with ACCDB files.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

MMF.zip

I've attached my file above. What I need to do is to put in "Epicriza" textbox from PacientFisa form the default text as rich text because I want to appear in the report "a" as separate lines. Thank you.

June7 is offline VIP
    Yes, RTF allows the copy/paste Word table to retain multi-line but that won't help with typed data entry. RTF doesn't automatically produce multi-line string and RTF isn't needed to do that anyway. RTF or otherwise, set the EnterKeyBehavior property of textbox to New Line.

Copy/paste of the Word table into DefaultValue property won't retain the formatting. Can type the HTML into DefaultValue property:

"This is a test of <b>BOLD</b><br>and multi-line Default Value."

Thank you very much, your indications solved my problem.
    One more question. In the box "numar registru" that has control source "Caz_ID" can I set as default number the following number in the table (the previous recorded data +1)?

And after I made the changes when I click "tiparire" my report is not showing any more, any idea why?

My modified file is here MMF-modified.zip

Thank you

anybody can help?

June7 is offline VIP
    One way is to set the DefaultValue property with VBA. http://access.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0012.htm

I can't find box "numar registru".

Should be acViewPreview not acPreview.

The report is saved with criteria in the Filter property. Remove it and set FilterOnLoad to No.

Report still wouldn't work. I created a new report and copy/pasted everything from the old one. Renamed them. New report works. Corruption happens.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.