cperry88 is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit

Query Results Not Limited to Data Entries

I have a query that I would like to run to display all results - even those for which certain criteria do not apply. For instance, I have 5 products I am comparing to my competitors. For 3 of these products, I know what my competitions price is for a comparable product. I would like to have a query display all 5 parts, displaying the lack of competitor information I have for the other 2 products I have. So whereas now my query is setup to display my product, my price, competitor product, competitor price for the 3 parts I explained above, I need the same query to show the other 2 parts as well even though I do not have relevant competitor data.
    Thanks

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Maybe an alias in your query? You could create an expression using IIF() function to display a predetermined literal value or text if the expression returns FALSE

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    It is difficult to understand your post and the answer depends on the structure of your data. My initial interpretation is about your join lines between the tables in your query. if they are simple lines, and not arrows, then the query returns just records where there is data on both sides. If they are arrows they return all the data of one table regardless of what the other table has. You can reverse the arrow direction.

Put your cursor on that line and right click - then experiment with the options.

cperry88 is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    Thank you both for your suggestions and explanations. I will give it a try and report back with the results.

Thanks again.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.