brd212 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Copying Table Records via Button on Web Form

Hello, all. I'm currently working on a client project--a web database--and have run into a snag with one of the requirements.

Essentially there is a web form that has some fields on it to capture filter data, and a button that, when clicked, will copy the records (selected based on the filter data), change the value of one of the columns, and append the new records to the same table. From my research it seems that this should be doable in the Access client, but I've found that the restricted functionality for web makes this much more difficult.

First, I do not have the ability to run OpenQuery from a button click event. In my research I found a workaround--using a named data macro on the table itself. I tried going that route, but the issue with that option is that I cannot get the filter values from the web form, and that's critical.

We have not discussed using code with the client, and for now we'd like to stay within the Access OOTB functionality. At this point it seems that code may be the only answer, but hopefully I'm wrong and simply overlooking something simple. My Access experience is quite limited, so it's entirely possible that that's the case. Any suggestions or feedback on a way to do this without code would be greatly appreciated. If it turns out that it can't be done without code, any explanation on what kind of effort would be involved would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Are you using Sharepoint? I don't know much about web database so searched:

Bing: access web database filter parameters from web form
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...c-ab86cb9c3243

Seems might have something to do with TempVars.

I also did not think web database allows VBA.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I have not worked with SharePoint but have you tried creating a recordset clone of the form's recordset? That is how I approach it in a desktop client situation. I would suspect you could use DAO to append the table with your clone.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.