funkmasterjo_d is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Merging fields and applying hyperlink in report

Hello,

I'm in the midst of teaching myself the ins and outs of Access 2010 at work. Currently, I have a database that produces a PDF report for our website. The report comes from one table. In the table, I have a field that contains ~400 room locations. The next field contains an equal number of unique URLs that link to a website detailing the specific room. I want the room locations to be visible on the report, which they currently are, but I need them to hyperlink to the URL when you click on them.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've been looking for an answer on here but need some individual help.

Thanks!

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

funkmasterjo_d is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I tried to copy/paste the code into Access, but I still can't get the links to work. I also, per the second link, attempted to use =Facility_ID#FacilityID URL# but that didn't work either. Those are my two fields, and i'm looking to display Facility_ID on the report (currently working fine and is clickable, but the webpages won't link) and have the OnClick action be to open the corresponding FacilityID_URL.

Any other tips would be great - I've never used the coding function before, so I'm fairly new to this...

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I know the Allen Browne code can work but since I can't test your links, can't really help.

Learn and apply debugging techniques. Refer to link at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.