alpesh910 is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit

Need help to change default HTML form while using External DB create mail option

I'm sending out a form to users from Access 2007 using External Data -> Create Email - > HTML forms. This process creates a dull form which I need to change to a list or simple database format. I don't see anywhere to change the default email form. All I can do is changethe name and type of each field in the database for which I'm collecting data. Also, it would be great if there was a way to collect data through a list box or some other type of restrictive mechanism.I realize that these things can be done using InfoPath, but neither I nor the email recipients have InfoPath. There's nothing I can do about this. I have to use HTML. Please help me out to change the default HTML form to any other form to send email along with my data which when updated by users will update my database in access.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Why not create a report and then email the report? You could export a form or report as HTML. With that you could create a template and use VBA to email using the template.

alpesh910 is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit
    hey thanks for your reply. I am not aware of much in access. I am using a access file which has data along with the email address. I just click on the table and use Collect and update details via email which ask me to use either HTML form or onenote. But the default HTML form whihc is being sent as email using this is very dull and creates a huge mail for mulitple rows. If this from can be changed my most of the work will be reduced.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows XP Access 2003
    To be honest I have never used the Email feature you described. When I think of using Access to email, I think of reports and VBA. If you want something to look professional you are at the very least going to have to create a report and a form. The wizard may be able to help you accomplish what you need after that, maybe not.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.