Bradp is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Access 2007 attachment field on form works but not in runtime

I have an application that I have been working on and was planning to try the Attachments field.

Everything seems to work fine as long as I am using the original dev file.

When I use the developer package t create a runtime version everything works but the ability to add attachments.

I have messed with trusted location and registry keys and have not found anything that works.

Any ideas?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Embedded attachments really bloat the database and can chew up the 2GB size limit. Before you pursue that avenue, better make sure won't outgrow the db in short term.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Bradp is offline Novice
    Plan on PDF format attachments and I estimate the 2 GB will not fill up for 2 years.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Bradp is offline Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    I had looked at both before posting.

The first link gave me hope but when I changed the default image nothing changed I was still not able to add an attachment.

The second gave me hope but there does not appear to be any replies as of yet and my application is not hanging the only thing not working is the add attachment.

I then followed a lot of posts about trusted location because the runtime version located at a different folder is the one that has the problem. The full version and simulating the full version as runtime both work. Trusted location and permission don't seem like the problem because more things would not be working. Tried setting a register value to no luck. Tried packaging and signing the application that did not work.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.