jwood1086 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

how would i do this?

ok, so i am a rookie at Access. My company has given me a job of creating a database storing information about the products we repair. I have created a few forms contaning the information about the products. Now i need a way for the shop personell to access these forms. My idea is to creat a search for contaning two list boxes and a "GO!" button. They would highlight a "Manufacturer" in the first box and that particular selection would casue the second list box to bring up a list of part numbers for that manufacturer. The user would then select a part number and hit the "GO!" button. Access would then bring up the cooresponding form with the information about the product. I do not have any table created at this time. As i said i am a rookie but need to learn this as quickly as possible.

NassauBob is offline Not THAT Green
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Well, you should first break up the large overall task into smaller sub-tasks, then determine from those which you are able to do on your own, and which you will need assistance with.

I bet many here will be willing to help once your requirements are a bit more specific. For example:

- how do I filter items in one combo box by the selection in another?
    - how do I reset the second combo box, should the first be changed?

Shane

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.